Finally after being closed since the end of March the Government has given Gyms the ok to reopen from the 25th July…and we can’t wait!
As part of the current situation with COVID-19 we have been working hard behind the scenes to ensure we are safe to open for our members and staff whilst following the Government guidelines . As you would expect, we are going to have to open in a slightly different way than what you would be used to.
We are not operating a booking style system, instead we will be placing a ‘Traffic Light’ system on the homepage of our website which we will update as the situation changes throughout the day. The way this will work is very simple, if on the homepage of our website it is ‘Red’ this means we are at capacity and will not be allowing anyone else to enter until someone leaves (one in one out). ‘Amber’ this means we are busy and there are currently still spaces, but this could turn to red. ‘Green’ this means we are not busy and you should have no problem getting in the club. Please note: whilst we will update this system throughout the day, the colour may change whilst you are on your way to the club for example.
Below is a list of what we will be doing to ensure we follow the Governments guidelines and keep everyone safe. We have broken these down into categories for ease.
- Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 must not come to the club, if we feel you may have the symptoms of COVID-19 we reserve the right to refuse entry
- You must maintain social distancing throughout the club
- We have placed sanitising stations throughout the club at various points
- We have increased our cleaning procedure
- We have tried to keep our opening hours as ‘normal’ as possible, however we cannot prevent changes entirely. With this in mind, we will not be opening on Sundays initially; this is to allow our team to do a full deep clean of the facility.
- We are operating a one way system through the club – you will enter through reception downstairs and leave through the exit in the gym area upstairs
- Sanitising station in reception area
- Protective screen on reception desk
- Social distancing must be adhered to if queuing to enter the club
- Preferred methods of payment would be card/ contactless
- Fingerprint entry will still be required followed by hand sanitising
- Please try to come ready for the gym and avoid using the changing rooms were possible
- A maximum of 2 people allowed in the changing rooms at one time
- Showers will still be in use but only if absolutely necessary – we may close the showers in busy periods
- Toilets will still be in use
- Sanitising stations in the gym
- Social distancing must be adhered to
- Disinfecting bottles which members must use to wipe down equipment after use
- Members must not work out face to face
- No spotting (helping each other lift weights)
- Water fountain only available for bottles
- Do not use sweat towels, blue roll will be available
- Some equipment has been taped off due to social distancing
- Fitness staff will be constantly cleaning equipment throughout the day
- Due to social distancing we are only allowed to have 5 members per class
- Classes will be reduced initially
- Classes will be run with minimising of the need to share equipment
- Equipment will be cleaned in-between use
- No sweat towels, blue roll is available for members
- Class instructor will wear facemasks where possible
- Social distancing will be adhered to
- Personal Trainers will wear facemasks where possible
- Unfortunately the Spa area will be closed until further notice in accordance with Government guidelines, this includes the Jacuzzi, Steam Room & Sauna
If you ‘froze’ your membership Direct Debit you will receive an email from our membership management team ‘Ashbourne’ about this shortly, and the options available.
If you have been paying your membership throughout the lock-down you will already be good to go.
If you have cancelled your direct debit but would like to rejoin please could we ask you to email our membership management team at firstname.lastname@example.org asking for your account to be reactivated.
If you have not been a member before, and are interested in joining, please pop down to the club from Monday 20th July and we can arrange to show you around/help you to join the club.
We currently have a LIMITED RE-OPENING OFFER available to new and existing members. If you have been paying throughout the lock-down, or if you froze your membership with Ashbourne, you will automatically be placed on the new ‘offer’ price. If you join/ re-join as a member now, your new price will never rise whilst you remain a member of the club! You can find out more about the offer price here which is only available for a limited time only.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and we look forward to welcoming you back to the club shortly.